Feb 23, 2009

Fathers Day

My Feb.17 entry about Love reminded me of a poem I wrote back in 1995 called "fathers day":

his hand was heavy, calloused-touch
his laser eyes would spark and pierce and sing
he rumbled rough and hairy in the dark
to lock out daemons, save me from the night
and his banner over me was love

her eyes would swim a rippled wake
her touch could draw my name in autumn fire
she breathed in yesterdays in painful shivers
and whispered through tomorrow's deepened shadows
and her banner over me was love

his eyes are diamond-sparkled waves
his breath the clap of cornstalks stiffly bending
his touch of fingers drawn through tussled hair
of cloudy curls set soft on untamed vision
and his banner over me is love

Inspired, intrigued, amused? Please pass it along by email, facebook, twitter..."

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment